The most common malfunctions of chocolate wrapping machines and how to overcome them:
It is true that wrapping machines reduce the needed manpower and help us get higher productivity than manual work, but we should not consider the machine as an independent self-producer on its own. We must be aware of the importance of our role in making sure that the machine is working efficiently and not rely on the brand and the reputation of the manufacturer to expect a perfect performance. To maintain the correction of errors resulting from malfunctions in a timely manner and to ensure good work, problems that must be immediately addressed and corrected:
– Production interruption: The cause of the sudden interruption of the flow is often due to the insufficiency of one of the main materials such as wrapping paper, chocolate bars, adhesive or other materials. So, it is very important to continue feeding the machine with all the needed materials by studying the final quantity needed with the time required to finish the task and the speed of the wrapping\ packaging in order to reach a satisfactory result. Work is not suspended as a result of the depletion of any of the materials used.
– Damage of the cover: after bending it using the machine, this error can be overcome by knowing the part of the machine that causes this damage using carbon paper or by detecting the piece that needs to be adjusted, its position or its angle. Damage may also be caused by the poor quality of the paper or the plastic wrappers used.
– Cracking of the final closing place: The two closure parties installed in the springs press the edges of the wrapper or cover in order to close it, so we have to ensure that each side of the closure tool is not ruined and we also need to clean them or to ensure the functionality of the springs that are installed and modify their flexibility or even replace them if necessary.
– An unfavorable smell of the finished product: it may be caused by the type of paper or wrapping materials used in the process or due the type of materials used in the sticking, if any.
– The location is not suitable for the shape of the machine: the machine is often huge in size and requires a large horizontal area with a single extension to fit the product flow style with the packaging steps. In order to overcome this issue, we need to study the dimensions of the dedicated space in the lab or workshop accurately before purchasing and discuss the possibility of modifying the design with the manufacturer of the machine or even modifying the design of the place within the lab and expand it so that we can work and make use of all the features of the machine optimally from the feeding stage until the final phase.
– Last but not least the malfunctions caused by the irregular electricity power: Sudden failure of power, which is very common in our Arab region. In order to keep the machine from any technical failure, we have to make sure that there is a continuous regular and stable current throughout the operation of the machine by equipping the machine with the so-called UPS, or non-power supply device, to suit the volume of consumption required to operate the machine for a specified period of time .